I live just outside Norwich with my wife and two children and have been working in IT for most of my career.
I’m experienced with managing technical teams and IT projects and currently have UK government SC security clearance.
In my spare time I spend time with my family, play pool whenever I get a chance, watch movies and following sport on TV – especially F1 and football.
I celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary in 2017, and have two fantastic children so family life takes up most of our spare time.
SG Wealth Management
In December 2018 I joined SG Wealth Management as their IT Manager.
It’s an exciting time for the company with investment and growth along with an ambitious strategy to enhance the IT capabilities and services available to the team.
My role is to ensure the current IT systems and services are stable and secure, while also developing long-term strategy with the introduction of new systems.
KCOM Enterprise Services
After deciding to end freelance work, in February 2017 I started at KCOM as a member of the Service Management team alongside a number of former HP Enterprise Services colleagues.
The role was to manage a portfolio of customer IT services, typically hosted on Amazon Web Services platforms.
With ISO2000 accreditation, the adoption of ITIL principle, policies and procedures were a key component of successfully maintaining systems and customer satisfaction alongside various technical support teams.
Between 2006 and 2017 I worked freelance under my own company tecivo Limited. I worked on numerous projects mostly engaged as a specialist in design, implementation and support of systems based on Citrix XenApp, AppSense DesktopNow and related Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Services technologies.
Primarily engaged on client facing projects and leading the technical aspects of design and implementation, responsibilities included:
- Liaison with customers to identify and capture requirements
- Producing detailed design documentation in line with architectural strategy
- Implementation, upgrade, management and maintenance of RDS/Citrix environments
- Troubleshooting application, server and AppSense performance issues
- Developing and maintaining documentation and working processes
Clients included Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Worldpay, QVC, Aviva and Vistorm as well as local small businesses.
Projects have included AppSense consultancy, Citrix XenApp systems architecture and support, and Small Business Server network implementations.
Examples of previous projects
- Design, build and support user migration into Citrix XenApp 6.5 platforms
- Design, build and support user migration into Citrix XenApp 5.0 platforms
- Multiple AppSense design and deployment and/or upgrade projects
- AppSense consultancy on Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 deployment and user migration project
- Design, procure and deployment of Microsoft Small Business Server solutions with data network and PC deployment
- Microsoft Windows SME for 24×7 operations support to SC secure account
In the summer of 1999 I decided on a change of career and joined Norfolk Constabulary’s ICT department as part of the Windows Desktop and Server support team. Various technical and management roles over the subsequent seven years provided the opportunity to work with multiple Microsoft and Citrix technologies, lead various teams and manage multiple projects before turning to freelance work as an IT Consultant in 2006.
Various projects included:
- Implementation and rollout of collaboration platforms based on Microsoft SharePoint
- Design and implementation of Windows, Exchange and Active Directory upgrade and migration projects
- Project Management of Server and Desktop Technology Refresh Projects
- Project Management of Mobile Computing Projects
RACAL Survey / Freelance Data Processor/Draughtsman
Throughout the 1990’s I worked on Solaris Unix systems as a Data Processor and CAD Hydrographic Draughtsman, working in various offices overseas as well as offshore on various survey ships.
I was lucky to work in office locations including Abu Dhabi and San Diego, as well as offshore projects including Persian Gulf, Indian Ocean, Caribbean, North Sea, Mediterranean and offshore Mumbai, and even took part on one survey project where the team crossed the Pacific Ocean between US and Japan.