As you know SharePoint calendars are views of a list type containing columns including date and time.
You can add a choice category column of your choosing to your list and by using multiple views (overlays) use this to colour code entries in a calendar view.
The example below uses a filter called go here Task Status with options http://lauragogia.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://lauragogia.com/connected-course-design/ New, http://ellieruby.com/valentines-day-ootd/?share=facebook Started, Complete to be displayed with separate colours.
Category name and filter options are of course customisable.
Create your calendar in the usual way
- Browse to SharePoint site
- Select diclofenaco cinfa 100mg Add an App
- Choose Calendar, name it and click Create
Add Category Column item
- Browse to the new calendar
- From the menu ribbon select CALENDAR and click List Settings button
- Click Create column
- Name as Task Status, select type as Choice (menu to choose from), enter choices New, Started, Complete and select Drop-Down Menu or Radio buttons (you don’t want to allow multiple choices, so don’t use Checkboxes), and click OK
Create Calendar views
- Return to the Calendar view, and from the menu ribbon select CALENDAR and click Create view button
- Select Calendar View, name New, add a Filter option selecting Task Status and is equal to New and click OK
- Repeat and create additional views named and filtered for Started and Complete
- Create a new view called All Tasks, set to it Default View and use is equal to filter against Task Status but leave filter option blank. (This creates a ‘clear’ default view – this is to replace the default ‘Calendar view’ which would show duplicate values if used)
Create Calendar Overlay Views
- From the menu ribbon select CALENDAR and click Calendar Overlays button
- Click New Calendar
- Add name New, select required colour from the Color drop-down
- Click Resolve new to the Web URL field to load the site and confirm (or select) the appropriate Calendar in the List menu
- Select New from List View, click Always Show and click OK
- Repeat for Started and Complete then click OK to save the Calendar Overlays
The calendar default view will now display the three views overlaid showing each category as a different colour.